About me


Back in 2017 I made the decision to complete my first Ironman. With a background in running and 1 marathon under my belt, I sought after the title of “Ironman”. I had no experience swimming, and I rode a BMX bike to get me to school. After 8 months of training, Mike Reilly announced me as an Ironman at Madison with a time of 11:38:36. My plan was to be a 1 and done, but I was hooked and completed my 2nd Ironman 5 weeks later. Fast forward 5 years and I crossed the finish line in Kona, Hawaii in 2022. Moving forward, my goal is to inspire and empower other athletes as I work towards my professional racing license.

Monday, June 17, 2019

Race Report: QC Triathlon

This is my first time blogging thanks to some encouragement from a new friend Jeff Paul. I am a passionate triathlete, and this will be a great outlet to share what I’m up to. June 15th was my first time racing in the Quad Cities Triathlon, and I was aiming for a spot on the podium. As a newer triathlete, I figured the podium would give me some visibility as I work towards sponsorships and a professional license. I walked away with 5th place overall, 1st place Age Group (25-29) and a humbled mindset. I knew the other athletes were talented, but I hadn't imagined being that far behind.

Despite that, let me share some stats!

4th fastest swim (600 yards in 7:53)
5th fastest bike (23.2mph for 15mi)
3rd fastest run (18:28 5K)

My combined transitions took nearly 3 minutes while the faster athletes were closer to 2. Overall not bad, but my bike needs more work and it’s time to learn a flying mount!

Although I was disappointed at falling short, I am even more motivated to train hard as I approach Muncie 70.3 in 3 weeks. Maximum Effort! 
Shout out to TriMafia and Epix for the sweet kit!



Age Group Awards with my girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment