About me


Back in 2017 I made the decision to complete my first Ironman. With a background in running and 1 marathon under my belt, I sought after the title of “Ironman”. I had no experience swimming, and I rode a BMX bike to get me to school. After 8 months of training, Mike Reilly announced me as an Ironman at Madison with a time of 11:38:36. My plan was to be a 1 and done, but I was hooked and completed my 2nd Ironman 5 weeks later. Fast forward 5 years and I crossed the finish line in Kona, Hawaii in 2022. Moving forward, my goal is to inspire and empower other athletes as I work towards my professional racing license.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Giving Credit


A lot of my posts have been about me and what I’ve accomplished so far. I reach my goals through hard work and sacrifice, but I’m not alone in this. There are many people chasing this dream alongside me, and that’s what this post is all about. Here are a few special shout outs.

God
I thank God for giving me both the body and mind to do what I love. 95% of my training is done alone, and I spend a lot of that time with Him. Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” Without getting too preachy, it is my prayer that my training and goal setting inspires others to become the best possible version of themselves, however that looks for them.

Ty - Girlfriend
My girlfriend of almost 2 years has been my rock on this rollercoaster of training. I have my good days and bad days, but her support and encouragement remain the same. Most days she has more confidence than I do. She rides with me on long runs to provide nutrition, music and moral support. She even knows when to let me be pissed about a poor workout or to shake it off. I have remained mostly* injury free this season with her fixing me up every week.








Mom and Dad

I am beyond fortunate to have an incredible relationship with my parents. When I visit they alter schedules, Sherpa my long rides/runs and give up valuable time with me so I can train. They are truly my biggest fans and are fully committed to seeing me achieve success. Whether it’s booking the hotel room, driving the bike course, or wearing a ridiculous inflatable costume, they will do whatever it takes to get me to Kona. 
 

This message from my mom sums it all up and reminds me that I’m still their baby.







Family and Friends


The biggest group by far. I have two older brothers that remind me how proud they are. My friends and extended family send encouragement before a big race, and so many others follow every split while I compete. To say it means the world is an understatement. I push that much harder knowing so many believe in me and are out there watching. 








And finally, to everyone reading this, YOU keep the dream alive by letting me ramble on and on and on. I hope to one day have sponsors that believe in me the same way you do.

Thank you so so much <3

No comments:

Post a Comment