About me


Back in 2017 I made the decision to complete my first Ironman. With a background in running and 1 marathon under my belt, I sought after the title of “Ironman”. I had no experience swimming, and I rode a BMX bike to get me to school. After 8 months of training, Mike Reilly announced me as an Ironman at Madison with a time of 11:38:36. My plan was to be a 1 and done, but I was hooked and completed my 2nd Ironman 5 weeks later. Fast forward 5 years and I crossed the finish line in Kona, Hawaii in 2022. Moving forward, my goal is to inspire and empower other athletes as I work towards my professional racing license.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Training and Wattie Ink Update


I am excited to announce that I have been accepted onto the WATTIE INK ELITE TEAM for 2020! Earlier I posted about joining the Hit Squad, but later received a communication regarding their elite team. Both teams within Wattie Ink are tight knit with a strong family atmosphere. The Elite Team has the additional support of sponsors and there are tighter obligations when it comes to racing and sponsor support. I am thrilled to Rock the W with this amazing team.

More training stuff: My swim has been struggling since Ironman Louisville. My overall yardage and motivation to swim has been down, so that might be what’s causing it. I am hoping to get some solid effort swims in before the holidays and get myself back to where I was.
On a more positive note, I just finished one of my best bike and run workouts to date.
Bike: 5x5 miles @ 250 watts (65 miles total)
Run: 5x1 mile at 6:00min pace with 1 mile active recovery

I “look forward to” increasing my training load further and getting back to my fitness level from Ironman Wisconsin. At the end of November, I will have 6 months until Ironman Tulsa to make the necessary improvements and have a better shot at Kona.

No comments:

Post a Comment