About me


Back in 2017 I made the decision to complete my first Ironman. With a background in running and 1 marathon under my belt, I sought after the title of “Ironman”. I had no experience swimming, and I rode a BMX bike to get me to school. After 8 months of training, Mike Reilly announced me as an Ironman at Madison with a time of 11:38:36. My plan was to be a 1 and done, but I was hooked and completed my 2nd Ironman 5 weeks later. Fast forward 5 years and I crossed the finish line in Kona, Hawaii in 2022. Moving forward, my goal is to inspire and empower other athletes as I work towards my professional racing license.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Training Update: Caught the Flu


Here is a quick update on things since I missed my post last week. I’ve been sick since last Tuesday and am still in recovery mode. Hopefully I will be running at full steam by the weekend to get some longer workouts in. I haven’t quite hit my stride since IMLOU, but I’m still chipping away at my 2019 distance goals.
I made it to 1,000 run miles back in Louisville, 200 miles in the lap pool yesterday, and I have 90 miles to go before getting 4,000 on the bike. Here is where I am currently at for this year on distance and hours of pure training.


Quick outlook on what’s next:
11/30/2019: Turkey Trot Half Marathon – Last year I this was my first race returning from injury and I ran my first sub 1:30 (1:26:55). I am excited to be back even though I haven’t been able to properly prepare.
Might be a cop out, but I’ll be happy with a 1:25 and course PR based on where I’m at.

4/25/2020: Illinois Marathon – This was my first ever marathon that I ran on 12 days of training. I won my age group with a 3:13:28, which is STILL my current PR. I came within 2 minutes of that time at Ironman Wisconsin, so hopefully I’m ready to finally break 3 hours.

5/31/202: Ironman Tulsa – With Ironman Tulsa looming a month after the marathon, I will not be focusing on the run. My bike still needs the most work, so that is where my focus will be! With that in mind, I still hope to break 3 hours in the marathon and boost my confidence in running 3:10 or faster at Tulsa.

1 comment: